Any situation that involves moving to ask the previous question on a motion to ask the previous question regarding raising a motion on a motion on an appeal of a ruling on parliamentary procedure is, most simply, insane. Did you follow all that? Yeah, it took almost an hour for them to sort it out too. Bureaucracy at its best. It would put a Vogon to shame. The Senate majority decided to change the rules to accommodate themselves in order to put it to rest. They still failed to pass the bill.
In addition to the genuine enjoyment I got from watching the interaction of the Senate members, the comments posted on the live feed were absolutely hilarious at times. I managed to collect a few of the more entertaining or interesting ones. I did not change the screen names, and I should point out it was a continuous feed of comments, updated approximately 75 at a time so there was no way to really follow any one person.
sometimes i wonder what my children will learn about history, and then i remember our books come from texas
- Everything is bigger in Texas, including the omissions, revisions, and lies.
I love that everyone who isn't doing something is running around trying to look like they're more important than they probably are.
- Isn't that the definition of politics? Not doing anything while trying to look important while not doing anything...?
If abortion = killing babies, if I kill a baby can I say i had an abortion?
- Stunning logic, I'm impressed. My "this works in theory" hat is off to you, Jorge Cruz.
I like the part of the bible where Jesus forced everyone to bend to his will.
- Or, like, when "God" commanded that his followers slay all men and then take the women and children and cattle of the dead for their own and wage war against those who sin. That's real respect for life. Kill the people you disagree with, and then take all their stuff. It's not only the American way, it's the Christian way.
If you could actually control your own vagina... YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO MURDER BABIES!!!
- I feel like this premise deserves air time as a CW show involving a superheroine who fights crime with a...tight*...control of her vagina. Or maybe a porno (note: don't google 'superhero vagina porno' at work unless you are using someone else's computer).
- Totally right! When men don't control our vaginas and instead women in the US have appropriate levels of control (i.e. rights) over their reproductive organs with stuff like abortion, we aren't "murdering babies" because abortion isn't illegal and it doesn't involve babies at all! Of course, we could just start having sex with more women instead of men, that would fix the issue too.
- * For more mind-blowingly awesome Cheap Trick songs about sex, prostitution, suicide, murder, or drugs please listen to any and all of the four studio albums from 1977-1979.
This reminds me of this Star Trek Manga where they met a Klingon that enjoyed what he called, 'the combat of words'.
- This one gets a mention simply because anyone who can work Star Trek, Manga, and Klingon into a topic relating to a) women's reproductive rights, and b) politics in general deserves to be recognized. If he had managed to make reference to the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (aka, the Conservative's Handbook of Life), I would have made him my subject line.
Indubitably, however, the BEST two comments were the following:
HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER THEN TO TANGLE WITH AN OLD KNARLY VAGINA! :)
- I'm pretty sure Don't Tangle with an Old Knarly Vagina is the 14th chapter of The Art of War.
Ever wonder in the morning why your toilet bowl's gone dry? Republicans sneak in at night and slurp out all the water.
- This is hands down the absolute winner of the night. Not only for the actual comment, but for the screen name (I swear I didn't alter it, and I wish I could claim I thought of it).